Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two posts 1 day.. must be a deal

I have been blog surfing, website surfing lately. I have been reading a lot of photographer blogs etc. Wow.. There are good people in this world and bad people in this world.. and some pretty damn opinionated ones. I am definitely opinionated but I try not to be arrogant but there are someone people that put that hand in hand. I have ceased venting on fb or at least I try REALLY hard not too lol.. People can read my thoughts here if not they can press next.

So while reading all these opinions and such I started trying to justify myself. I am a lawyer by day and most nights and weekends and drives home lol, I sit on numerous boards and volunteer lots and I am a mom to two wonderful girls and a wife to a great hubby. I love to scrapbook and I like to take photos. This love of taking photos has resulted in a side venture or hobby or stress reliever. Its like painting or scrapbooking cept I click. Yes I do charge now for my services and gasp I even give CD's of High Resolution photos. I am taboo lol. I am charging $100 for family photos and 75 for glamour shots and starting at 800-1000 for weddings (depends) as I get better and more experienced things may change. I am LEARNING as we are all in life and I don't promote myself with a fancy website, I have my blog and a facebook group page and who knows what the future holds.

I decided I didn't need to justify myself to anyone, I am not a professional photographer and I would be offended to be labeled that lol. I am a Mom and Wife that is a Professional Lawyer that moonlights as a budding photographer on occasion. lol. If you like my work both legally and/or photographically the possibilities are endless. I can do a prenup and take your pictures lmao.. kidding.. we all need to lighten up and justify ourselves only to ourselves or at least the lil girls who hold my heart.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Does someone need a knuckle sandwich? I totally think we should get together to do the glamour thing but we need to get more girls involved! PS. I love you for everything you are!

Koren said...

lol no.. no one said anything to me I was just reading things and the messages that ppl put across to anyone thinking about even venturing into photography lol.. plus i totally promote other photographers.. i have an idea for your glamour fun day..

jaimey said...

After reading some things on certain sites and groups I agree with you. People need to take a step down from the high horse...I feel very offended at some of these pro photogs "knocking down" people who are trying to learn. Get over it! I hope that I never get labled a "pro" in their eyes...

Trish said...

Hey, if it means anything I am a professional photographer. Two years at school and a diploma to prove it. But I have hardly earned a cent in my field so you have me beat!
I like my current vocation as mom to my two little girls among other things, including my life/career in birth.
I suppose none of that matters if you love what you do and in order to make money... other people love what you do!