Thursday, September 25, 2008

life as we know it

So in the past 3 days i have heard of 3 ppl being diagnosed with terminal cancer.. wow. Life is getting shorter and shorter. One of the people is my friends mother, i hit the floor when she told me because all i could think of was how hard this will be for her and how i didn't want her to go through that kind of loss. But it seems we are all getting older, with growing up comes consequences.. the realization that as we get older so do our parents and at some point we may face the day my friend faced yesterday or the day I faced a year ago.. is that morbid to think about. yes but no. Life is precious. We grow up always thinking our parents will be there for the rest of our lives and I never really thought about my parents not being there. Would I have appreciated them more when i was a teenager if i had that thought? All we can do I can do is continue to live each day with joy and passion and enjoy the people that come into my life.

1 comment:

jaimey said...

I Love what you wrote. It is so true...